Scorpio sign – Common terms & abbreviations
- Merc – Mercury
- Ven – Venus
- Mars – Mars
- Jup – Jupiter
- Sat – Saturn
- Ura – Uranus
- Nep – Neptune
- Plu – Pluto
- Asc – Ascendant
- MC – Midheaven
- Oppos – Opposition
- Trine – Trine
- Squr – Square
- Conj – Conjunction
- Sxtil – Sextile
- Qucnx – Quincunx
Types of Transits
- Sextile (60 degree angle) and Trines (120 degrees) indicate where energies flow harmoniously. Take advantage of these transits to lighten your load, make your move, get that date, etc.
- Squares (90 degrees) are the most challenging of all aspects. Conquering a square can be difficult and requires discipline, but the prize is worth the effort.
- Oppositions (180 degrees) challenge you in your relationships with other people. Sometimes you feel a positive, stimulating exchange of energy. Other times we deal with conflicts, confrontations, schisms or separations. Someone else could be mirroring something about yourself you need to deal with but have had difficulty seeing.
- Conjunctions (0 degrees) can go either way and depend much upon the nature of the two planets coming together. For example, Venus and Jupiter make a fun, if potentially lazy, combination while Mars and Pluto can be pretty heavy since they both relate to anger and ego.
Houses and their Meanings
Your birth chart is divided into twelve “houses,” which govern specific areas of your life. At the time of your birth, each planet was located in a particular astrological sign and in one of the twelve houses.
Listed below are the most general meanings for each house:
- First House: Your self-identity. How you appear to the world and the first impression you make on others. Your external presentation, including physical characteristics (body type, facial features, etc).
- Second House: Your personal resources. Money matters, possessions and your relationship with both.
- Third House: Your immediate environment. Short trips, neighbors, communication with others, learning. Your relationships with siblings.
- Fourth House: Your home and family. Your childhood and ancestral roots. Your mother and maternal influences in general.
- Fifth House: Your creative inspiration and self-expression. Self-investment, risk-taking, love affairs, children and luck.
- Sixth House: Your daily life. Health concerns, work and service. Personal sacrifice.
- Seventh House: Your identity in relationship to others. Dating, marriage, partnerships of all kinds. Contracts.
- Eighth House: Sex and your relationship to the resources of others. Death and inheritance. Transformational release, and our ability to “rebound.” Rituals of all types.
- Ninth House: Long-distance travel, higher education, philosophy and mental expansion of all types. Law and publishing.
- Tenth House: Your relationship to authority and power. Reputation, social status and career. Government institutions. Your father and authority figures in general.
- Eleventh House: Your friends and your connection to humanity in general. Group associations. Hopes and aspirations, ideals. Honors received.
- Twelfth House: Your spiritual life and your connection to the cosmos. Dreams and the unconscious. Things that are hidden. Music. Your karmic quest.
- Personality Traits – Do you have the classic personality of a Ariesn?
- Compatibility – Which other star signs have the personality to make the perfect match to Aries?
- Relationships – Do you suffer the emotional complexities and compatibility issues of love relationships that are typical among Ariesns?